Monday, December 24, 2012

Merrrry Christmaaaas!!!

Area - Johannesburg, South Africa
Companion - Elder Wilkinson
Letter # 59

Hey family!!

It was nice to hear from everybody!! :D I love you too Ollie and Sophie! You can have me back for christmas next year dont worry ;) I didn't get a message from Nate though! Shamboc him for me okay? ha.

It's been a really great week especially since I got a new companion and I'm training! My companions name is Elder Wilkinson form Alpine, Utah. He's such a great guy and has a lot of energy to do lots of hard work! We are gonna have a great time together and we already get along really well. At first I was nervous and scared to train but now I'm realizing that it's easy. Just do what I'm supposed to and help him get used to everything and learn how to be the best missionary he can! He's already a great missionary. Sometimes trainers talk about how they have to everything and teach the whole lesson or cover for their mistakes but that's not how it is with us! Elder Wilkinson loves to teach and talk and he's already really good at it! He's the "golden trainee" haha.

We had a baptism for Brother tau yesterday and it was wonderful!! baptisms are the best! I forgot my camera thast day so I have to get the pictures from Bishop but hopefully I'll be able to send them next week! Tau was so happy and said that he had the greatest feeling ever. We went to visit him later in the day and he said that he still had it! He learned so much in the past month and he can't wait till he goes home in April to Zimbabwe to share it with his wife and children.

Can't wait to talk to you all!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! :D

-Elder Dirkmaat :D

No comments:

Post a Comment