Monday, December 17, 2012

Elder Dirkmaat is on Fiiiirrrreeeee!!!

Area - Johannesburg, South Africa
Companion - Elder Mabuza
Letter # 58

Hey wena's!

How goes it in the Dirkmaat household?? I wish I could be there so bad!! I miss you all so much!
Thanks for the addresses.

For the Christmas card I think you need to change my picture to the one in my congolese outfit! haha. jk but i liked it a lot, thanks for sending it!

I did draw something for the clubhouse but I was not aware that we were gonna come here to email straight after playing soccer with the ward so I don't have my camera with me to send you the picture... sorry neh. i will next week!

So here's the big news for the week. Elder Dirkmaat is training! Eish... ha. No I am really excited. People have been telling me I'm going to be trainer since I got done being trained and so it feels weird that I am actually gonna train. Where do you think he will be from? It's sad that Elder Mabuza will be leaving but he's gonna be powerful wherever he goes!

I heard that Ian got his mision call to go to Chile!! Sweet deal! There are gonna be tons of missionaries from our ward serving all over the world! We are gonna be like a Utah ward with like 15 missionaries haha.

Well, Stewart was confirmed yesterday and is going to receive the priesthood next week! Tau is gonna be baptized next week as well! We are so excited. We are unsure about whether or not Francis will be baptized. he has a lot going through his mind right now and isn't fully committed. He old us that himself. We shall see.

We met an awesome new father led family this week, brother MacDonald and his wife Maggy with their 3 children! We met them on Thursday, visited them again on Saturday and they came to church yesterday and loved it! They are a solid family and I am so excited to help them learn the truthfulness of the restored gospel.

I think that my new companion is gonna be very happy when he gets here and be able to gain lots of experience teaching all kinds of different people!

Yesterday Elder Mabuza and I gave talks on missionary work along with a recent convert. The members of the ward were not very excited when they knew we were speaking. "Oh great we're gonna hear the same thing 'every member a missionay'" But we didn't do that! Most of them came to us after and were saying wow that was awesome I have never heard missionaries speaking lik ethat! We thought it was gonna be so boring! hhaha so it was a great success. Then at the end Elder Collin H. Bricknell spoke for a few minutes and that was  powerful. I love to hear members of the seventy speak and to feel the spirit they bring. After Sacrament meeting he came to greet us and says "thanks for the talk elder" and then he punched me! hahaha

Well that's a bit about my week!

I hope you have super week! Pray that I can be a good trainer!

Love you!
-Elder Dirkmaat :D

No comments:

Post a Comment