Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hey hey!

Area - Johannesburg, South Africa
Companion - Elder Mabuza
Letter #56

It was a good week for sure! Thanks for all the pictures! loved em! I have an awesome family ;)

Frances, Tau, and Stewart are all doing super well! Stewart is going to be baptized this Sunday and then Frances and Tau on the 23rd just before Christmas! I am super excited and they are even more excited and the members are surprised! haha Not all of them but some that we tell there is going to be a baptism next week they say "oh really? great!"

Stewart is ready for sure. He is so humble and even excited to have a calling in the church. we might go visit the temple with him and Frances this week. He came to church yesterday with a white shirt and one of the members that he knows who will also baptize him is going to get him a tie for next week when he is baptized!

We gave brother Tau the Book of Mormon on Friday and when we went visit him yesterday afternoon he had already read up to 1 Nephi chapter 16! His favorite chapter was chapter 8 about the tree of life. He is making great progress towards the 23rd and he has a super friend in the church who he stays with that supports him so much.

Frances is excited for his baptism but he seems really nervous about it even though he knows so much and even realizes tat this is what he needs to do. He is still having a hard time recognizing his answers. Last week when I asked him to pray about the Bom right there with us I could feel the spirit so strong and I thought for sure that he could also feel and got his answer. He always admits that he feels good but doesn't seem to want to take it for an answer. I think he is still remembering his past experience in cape town where a lot of the members are racists and so now because of that he is a lot more reserved. He has said that he really enjoys this ward. I hope it's not the same situation as it was with Sister Candasemy where she got offended by the members and couldn't join the church cause of that for years. I believe that Frances will be ready for the 23rd. DO YOU???

On Saturday we had a ward cultural party that was super fun! Everybody came with their cultural outfits and food to share and we had a great time! There are people from all over Africa in our ward so that's why we had the cultural party. A month ago bishops wife made me a Congolese outfit so I got to wear it and I took some pictures! We'll see if I get time to send them today.

I am so thankful to be a missionary right now! It is one of he greatest blessings in my life and I know that the things I am teaching are true and nobody can take it from me! It's amazing to see how people change when they learn the truth and feel the spirit confirm that truth.

Have a great week!
Love you!

-Elder Dirkmaat :D

No comments:

Post a Comment