Monday, July 16, 2012

New Companion!!

Area - Kanye, Botswana
Companion - Elder Dlamini
Letter #36

Ke mang o batlang go rapela? (who is going to pray?) Setswana vocabulary!

How's it family!? Great things just keep happening back home! Glad you are having such a good time.

This week for me not too much happened. I had to wait in Gabs from Sunday night until Thursday afternoon for the transfers to get sorted out. I wasn't able to do any work in gabs cause the other missionaries that I was waiting with were also from different villages. We cleaned the flat we were staying in so the other elders were happy when they got back! haha.  Even when the other Kanye elders got back on Thursday I just tagged along with them until Saturday til I finally got my new companion who is Elder Dlamini from Swaziland! Elder Dlamini and I are going to have a great time. He has been out for 19 months so he is my oldest companion so far. On Saturday and Sunday we only had 2 lessons cause nobody in our pool was around. It was a bummer. On Sunday we had a lot of lessons planned but then the car got a flat and it turns out that the spare was broken also. We had to deal with that and by the time we were finished it was dark and we had a long ways to walk. It's okay though because now it is a new week and we are gonna get to work today! :D The new Zone Leader in our flat is Elder Stamp from Utah and there is also a new AP who got bumped straight from DL! ha.

Sorry not much to say but that is like everything that has happened this week.  Oh, I did a lot of driving. here is my travel itinerary. Sunday kanye - gabs. Tues gabs - molepolole. Weds molepolole - gabs. Thurs gabs - kanye. Fri kanye - lobatse - gabs - kanye. Sat kanye - lobatse - kanye. SO MUCH DRIVING! I'm over it! haha.

Looking froward to a great week and I hope you have a fabulous week as well! I love you family! You da best!

-Elder Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment