Monday, July 9, 2012

Molebatsi Family Baptized!!

Area - Kanye, Botswana
Companion - Elder Holman
Letter #35

Hello!

What a great week! Not only were the Molebatsi's baptized yesterday but also a member in the branch had 2 children, 9 and 11, that she wanted us to teach and so they got to be baptized yesterday too! The zone leaders also had one baptism. Their 2 others didn't show up. It was a great week preparing these people to be baptized though! the Molebatsi family has changed so much since I got here and they were definitely ready yesterday. During the service us (the missionaries) and one of the members performed a musical number (brightly beams our fathers mercy) and we also sang half of it in Setswana! It was way fun! I got to baptize the Molebatsi family and also the younger kid, Atang. It was a great experience! Bro. Molebatsi is taller than me and could be a lineman so I was kinda scared but everything ended up alright. The whole branch, when they saw that I was baptizing him started laughing but I did it perfectly. Sister Molebatsi though was a little scary cause she didn't bend her knees or anything just went straight back like a pole ha. Sketch! It was such a great feeling though, right when Ra came up he turns and looks at me and shakes my hand and says thank you with a huge smile on his face. And then afterwards, when they share a short testimony in front of everyone it's so great to hear them sincerely say to everybody else that they know this is the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth today.

Transfer news is....elder Holman is going back to South Africa and i am staying here a least one more transfer! Kanye is a sweet area so I'm excited to stay. I think this time i was kinda hopin to go to a new area just cause coming to Kanye was such a great experience even though i didn't want to leave Pretoria. So we are in gabs right now preparing for transfers and transportation and what wha. i have to stay here and wait till my companion comes which is gonna be a while cause I was informed yesterday that he won't be here until Friday! i don't know why, but it is possible that maybe he had visa problems in another mission and so is being transferred here. i just hope that I'm not gonna get a companion who is disobedient and that is the reason he won't be here till Friday. We shall see! The area is gonna be dead though. We have 30 people with a baptism date right now but since i am going to be gone for almost a full week i really hope that it doesn't affect the desires of these people we are teaching. There is one family we are teaching, the Gofhamodimo (gift from god) family, that we found right when I got here. Finally for the first time Ra came to church yesterday and he brought his son and his daughter and his sons friend! Ma is hard hearted and will never leave her church but we are seeing progress from him! He really enjoyed church, especially the kids (they are 17 and 18), and they want to be baptized on the 22nd of July. If all goes well, we could end up having 8 baptisms in the next 6 weeks! I'm a hoping!

Thanks for the game ideas. They seem pretty cool and I think they will help a lot! We are starting the Kanye Monate night next week, Wednesday so we will start thinking about how to use them.
haha funny that Nate has been more sick than me and I'm the one who eats random nasty stuff! i guess not random stuff but there is a lot of unclean food and water. Most of the other missionaries have had the double dragon (diarhea and throw up) just like Nate at least once on mission so far but not me! I'll probs get it this week just cause i said that...

I hope you have fabulous week! I love you all!

-Elder Dirkmaat :D

No comments:

Post a Comment