Monday, February 20, 2012

More Baptisms!

Area - Sunnyside, Pretoria
Companion - Elder Jenkinson
Letter #15

PRETORIA— Sophie are you going to be a soccer star when i get back?? My mission is going great but im probably not playing soccer as much as you.

Ollie how did putting that valentine on Summers door go? I bet she liked it! :D I hope that you will be able to find a cooler helicopter soon. You should tell mom and dad that you want to go on a helicopter ride for your birthday this year ;D

Dad those rocks were sweet! I want one! haha. That one with the three. That's awesome that you could find that one. sounds like you guys had a blast on that campout though. We've got some spare broken washer in our flat if you need it for the next campout :D Wow that's exciting to hear about the Fords and how well they are doing! Makes me happy to know that they are doing so well and seeing all the blessings that come from living this gospel :)

Mom glad you enjoyed Brother Travers talk. You'll have to tell him Hi for me. That's so true about repentance. Nephi's repentance is a perfect example of repenting with a sincere heart. Thanks for sharing that :) The sister missionaries are still there? wow! Have they been companions for like 4 1/2 months now? ha now that I think about it that's actually not too unordinary.

So do I get a note from amber too?? just put her paws up on the keyboard and see what happens :D Too bad we cant skype and watch her run all over the house!

This week has been great for me just like it seems it has been for you! We had our thre baptismal interviews the other day and they all passed and are ready to go on Sunday! Yesterday while we were tracting we found another father led family and now we have 5 new investigators! wow! They are all very humble and interested in what we have to teach. We shared a scripture from mosiah 4 and thought about families and are going back on wednesday. The 3 kids are all between 12 and 19 and they all were interested not just one person, everybody! :D Also they have 13 new puppies just born and I was so bummed that we are missionaries and are not allowed to have pets cause they actually gave me one! I asked and they said yes. I walked out the front yard carrying it but then had to come back and say I was just kidding.

We got to go to the temple on Friday and like always it was an amazing experience! I won't go off on how great they are this time since I have already done that like 4 times ha. If you havent been going to the temple every week but still want that candy bar I guess I will be merciful and let you slide if you start going now! Also this week we had stake conference which wasn't as exciting as I thought it was going to be but we had three investigators there even though it was an hour away and they could only get there by bus. And Clement who is getting baptized this Sunday was singing in our ward choir at the conference!

Like always I am so glad that I am here and am having a superb experience always. Elder Jenkinson and I are getting along very well and teaching in unity very well also. I feel more like a missionary every day!

I have to go buy some food now since I have absolutely nothing. No worries though cause I have money! ha

Love you guys!

-Elder Dirkmaat

No comments:

Post a Comment