Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm off to teach the people! The wonderful people of South Africa!

SAN DIEGO— Finally the day has come that I get to leave for South Africa! It seemed like it would never come but now it seems a little bit all of the sudden. Tomorrow I will be getting on a plane and not coming back for 2 years. Such an awesome thing to think about and also scary at the same time! Despite how nervous and scared I am, I even more excited and happy for this opportunity. It will be the best 2 years.

Last week I gave my farewell talk about looking for the good. My brother, Nate, also got to speak along with my friend, Jared. Hopefully my mom will be able to figure out how to get the audio and the written versions of it onto my blog, since I cannot figure it out, for those of you that were not able to attend. 
My family also got to celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday since I won't be here on Thursday and it was wonderful. It was gonna be weird for me not to have Thanksgiving with family but I guess that'll have to wait till next year.  
Speaking of thanksgiving.... I'm so thankful to all the people that were able to come and for those who could not come still wished me luck. Having the support of other people makes everything in life so much better and easier. I really am so grateful for everything like words of encouragement and kindness and the prayers and faith that I know I will need.

I don't really have much more to say except that I am going to miss all of you so much! Keep me and all the other missionaries in your prayers! And write letters please! :D It will make me so happy to be able to hear about the things you are doing no matter how small or big they could be.

Reporting next time from South Africa,
Elder Dirkmaat

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Bobby! We love you and we know you are going to be a great missionary!!
    Love, Uncle Rob, Aunt Kami,
    Jaren, Kenzi, braden and
    Collin

    ReplyDelete